Abhishek Banerjee Reacts to KMC Notices Over Alleged Illegal Constructions, Says “I Will Not Bow Down”
Kolkata, 19 May (H.S.) : Trinamool Congress National General Secretary Abhishek Banerjee on Tuesday broke his silence over notices issued by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) regarding alleged unauthorised constructions at two properties link
Abhishek


Kolkata, 19 May (H.S.) : Trinamool Congress National General Secretary Abhishek Banerjee on Tuesday broke his silence over notices issued by the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) regarding alleged unauthorised constructions at two properties linked to him and his family.

Speaking at a meeting of TMC legislators in Kalighat on Tuesday evening, Banerjee asserted that he would not be intimidated by such actions and vowed to continue his political fight against the BJP.

“Let them demolish my house, let them send notices. I will not bow down before any of this,” Banerjee said while addressing party legislators.

He also launched a sharp attack on Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari, claiming that West Bengal had “never seen a Chief Minister with such a mentality before.” In an apparent reference to old sting operation allegations against Adhikari, Banerjee remarked, “A person who was seen accepting money on camera has now been made Chief Minister.”

The controversy erupted after the Kolkata Municipal Corporation issued notices concerning alleged deviations from sanctioned building plans at two addresses in Bhabanipur Assembly constituency’s Ward No. 73 — 188A Harish Mukherjee Road and 121 Kalighat Road.

The Harish Mukherjee Road property, popularly known as “Shantiniketan”, is the residence where Abhishek Banerjee lives with his family. The Kalighat Road property is reportedly registered in the name of his mother, Lata Banerjee, though civic records allegedly show links with the company Leaps and Bounds.

According to the notices issued by KMC’s Building Department, certain portions of the constructions at these addresses were allegedly built beyond the approved plan. The civic body directed that the unauthorised portions be demolished within seven days. The notices further stated that if the owners failed to remove the structures voluntarily, the KMC would undertake demolition action and recover the expenses from the property owners.

Sources said as many as 17 properties allegedly linked to Abhishek Banerjee have now come under the scrutiny of the Kolkata Municipal Corporation.

The notices were issued shortly after Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari, during an election rally in Falta, publicly referred to properties allegedly linked to Banerjee and claimed that records of multiple assets connected to “Mr Nephew” had been obtained from the KMC.

The issue has now triggered a fresh political confrontation between the ruling BJP government in West Bengal and the Trinamool Congress leadership, with the opposition party alleging political vendetta behind the civic action.

Hindusthan Samachar / Satya Prakash Singh


 rajesh pande