Russian Tourist, Released From Custody, to Leave Egypt on Friday - Lawyer
MOSCOW, August 21 (HS/RIA Novosti) - Russian tourist Sergey Mironov, released from custody in Sharm el-Sheikh, plans to leave Egypt and return to Russia on Friday, Egyptian lawyer Ali al-Sheikh, who represented the Russian in court, told RIA Novost
Russian Tourist, Released From Custody, to Leave Egypt on Friday - Lawyer


MOSCOW, August 21 (HS/RIA Novosti) - Russian tourist Sergey Mironov, released from custody in Sharm el-Sheikh, plans to leave Egypt and return to Russia on Friday, Egyptian lawyer Ali al-Sheikh, who represented the Russian in court, told RIA Novosti.

He [Mironov] is departing on Friday morning, the lawyer said.

The Russian was detained in early August at the Renaissance Hotel after an Egyptian woman claimed that the man had fallen on her while intoxicated, law enforcement officials previously told RIA Novosti. The court initially ordered the release of the Russian man, whom the woman accused of sexual harassment, but the prosecutor's office filed an appeal, which was ultimately rejected due to the lack of legal grounds for keeping him in custody.

On Tuesday, following a court hearing, Mironov, detained in Sharm el-Sheikh, was released from custody after posting $395 bail. The Russian Embassy in Cairo said the tourist will soon be able to return home and expressed gratitude to Egyptian authorities for their prompt handling of the case.

At the same time, the Russian diplomatic mission called on Russians living in Egypt and visiting it for tourism purposes to comply with the laws and norms of behavior of the host country and respect its religious and other traditions.

---------------

Hindusthan Samachar / Indrani Sarkar


 rajesh pande