
New Delhi, 17 May (H.S.): The political controversy surrounding the alleged NEET-UG examination paper leak continues to intensify. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has targeted the Central Government and Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over the issue, demanding the minister’s resignation.
In a post shared on social media platform X on Sunday, Rahul Gandhi stated that the NEET examination paper had allegedly leaked in both 2024 and 2026, yet the Education Minister had not resigned. He accused the government of repeatedly failing to reform the examination system despite constituting investigative agencies and committees after every controversy.
Rahul Gandhi said that in 2024, the NEET examination paper leak allegations surfaced, but the examination was not cancelled, the minister did not resign, and the matter was handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He further said that in 2026, the examination paper was leaked again, forcing authorities to cancel the examination. Once again, the CBI has been entrusted with the investigation and another committee has been formed.
He questioned why examination paper leaks were occurring repeatedly, why the government remained silent on the issue, and why the Education Minister, whom he described as continuously failing, had not been removed from office.
It is noteworthy that the NEET-UG 2026 examination was conducted on May 3. Following allegations that the question paper had been leaked before the examination, the National Testing Agency (NTA) cancelled the exam. Subsequently, the Central Government handed over the investigation to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The investigating agency has so far arrested several accused individuals in connection with the case. The probe is examining allegations related to the paper leak, extortion of money from candidates, and the distribution of questions through special coaching sessions.
The National Testing Agency stated that fresh dates for the re-examination and details regarding admit cards would soon be released through official channels. According to the agency, the existing registrations, candidate details, and previously allotted examination centres will remain valid for the re-examination.
---------------
Hindusthan Samachar / Jun Sarkar