‘Sona Pappu’ Appears Before ED, Says “I Have Done Nothing Wrong”
Kolkata, 18 May (H.S.) : After remaining untraceable for a long period, Biswajit Poddar finally appeared before the Enforcement Directorate (ED) at its Salt Lake office in Kolkata on Monday for questioning. Investigating agencies had been searchin
Sona Pappu


Kolkata, 18 May (H.S.) : After remaining untraceable for a long period, Biswajit Poddar finally appeared before the Enforcement Directorate (ED) at its Salt Lake office in Kolkata on Monday for questioning.

Investigating agencies had been searching for him since his name surfaced in connection with the Rabindra Sarobar incident in February. Although he had occasionally appeared on social media live sessions, he had remained out of the reach of investigators.

While entering the ED office on Monday, reporters asked him whether he feared arrest. Responding to the question, he said, “I have done nothing wrong.”

Sona Pappu’s name had emerged during the investigation into the alleged disturbances at Rabindra Sarobar. In April, ED officials conducted raids at his residence and reportedly recovered nearly Rs 2 crore in cash. A luxury vehicle and several property-related documents were also seized during the search operation.

According to ED sources, multiple FIRs have been registered against him on charges including extortion, criminal intimidation and other alleged illegal activities. The agency claims that Sona Pappu controlled several syndicates operating in the Kasba and Ballygunge areas of Kolkata.

Kolkata Police DCP Shantanu Sinha Biswas was also arrested in connection with allegations of having links with the syndicate network allegedly run by Sona Pappu.

ED officials are currently questioning him regarding financial transactions, alleged illegal assets and the operation of the syndicate network.

Hindusthan Samachar / Satya Prakash Singh


 rajesh pande