BJP Accuses Bengal Police of Creating Unnecessary Fear Over Ram Navami
Kolkata, 2 April (H.S.): Political tensions have escalated in West Bengal over Ram Navami, with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) accusing the state government and police of creating unnecessary fear. Senior BJP leader and former MP Dilip Ghosh critic
BJP Accuses Bengal Police of Creating Unnecessary Fear Over Ram Navami


Kolkata, 2 April (H.S.): Political tensions have escalated in West Bengal over Ram Navami, with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) accusing the state government and police of creating unnecessary fear. Senior BJP leader and former MP Dilip Ghosh criticized the administration’s decision to cancel all police personnel’s leaves ahead of the festival, calling it an unnecessary move.

Ghosh alleged that the state government takes such steps only during Hindu festivals. He said, “On Ram Navami, lakhs of people take to the streets, but there is no unrest. The police should act against those trying to incite violence. Even during Durga Puja, large crowds gather, yet no such restrictions are imposed.”

Last week, senior officials of the West Bengal Police informed the media that they had received intelligence inputs suggesting that some anti-social elements might try to disrupt peace during Ram Navami. On March 29, Additional Director General (ADG) of Police (South Bengal) Supratim Sarkar stated that certain groups might attempt to provoke tensions through social media posts and posters.

He said, “We appeal to the public not to fall for any provocations. If anyone notices any suspicious activities, they should immediately inform the police.”

Leader of the Opposition in West Bengal, Suvendu Adhikari, has claimed that this year’s Ram Navami celebrations will be bigger than ever. He announced that at least 2,000 processions would be taken out, with participation expected to double compared to last year.

Adhikari said, “Last year, 50 lakh Hindus participated in the celebrations. This time, the number will reach one crore. I will personally be on the streets to take part.”

Meanwhile, the state administration remains on high alert following recent communal clashes in the Mothabari area of Malda district.

Hindusthan Samachar / Satya Prakash Singh


 rajesh pande