
New Delhi, 21 August (H.S.): Union Health and Family Welfare Minister J.P. Nadda has launched a sharp attack on Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi over his protest outside the Parliament Street Police Station, alleging that the demonstration was aimed solely at attracting media attention.
Speaking to media persons, Nadda said the country was once again witnessing Rahul Gandhi’s “cheap and headline-grabbing politics”. He alleged that the protest was neither in the interest of students nor aimed at securing justice, but was instead a reflection of the Congress party’s political frustration and Rahul Gandhi’s attempt to remain in the media spotlight.
Nadda said the Supreme Court had already taken cognisance of the July 20 incident and that a five-member high-level committee headed by a retired judge was investigating the matter. He argued that with the country’s highest court already overseeing the investigation, Rahul Gandhi’s decision to stage a protest in front of the police station and before television cameras amounted to a display of distrust in the judiciary. He said the entire demonstration was merely an attempt to remain in the headlines.
Nadda further said that the timing of the protest made it clear that the Congress was facing widespread criticism over the Vande Mataram controversy. He alleged that the public was seeking answers over the alleged disrespect to the national song and an incident involving a senior Congress leader cutting a cake shaped like the Tricolour.
He alleged that Rahul Gandhi had staged this “new political drama” to divert attention from the controversy and conceal what he described as the Congress party’s “anti-national image”.
Nadda accused the Congress of being a “parasitic party” and alleged that it now sought to undermine the future of young people and students as well. He said Rahul Gandhi should understand that the public had already seen through his “hit-and-run” style of politics.
---------------
Hindusthan Samachar / Jun Sarkar