
New Delhi, 19 August (H.S.): The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has taken suo motu cognisance of an alleged assault on two people from Manipur in Delhi's Munirka area. One of the victims reportedly suffered a serious head injury and is currently on ventilator support in a hospital.
The NHRC said it took cognisance of media reports published on August 14, which stated that two people were allegedly attacked by two individuals following a minor dispute in the Munirka area of the national capital. Considering the seriousness of the allegations, the Commission has initiated action in the matter.
According to the Commission, the details of the incident were reported by the media. It said that if the allegations reported in the media are found to be true, the incident would constitute a serious violation of human rights.
The NHRC has therefore issued a notice to the Commissioner of Police, Delhi, seeking a detailed report on the matter within two weeks.
The Commission has also directed the Delhi Police to provide details of the investigation conducted so far and an update on the current medical condition of the injured victim.
Given the gravity of the allegations, the NHRC said it has sought a comprehensive report from the Delhi Police to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident and the action taken by the authorities.
---------------
Hindusthan Samachar / Jun Sarkar